Build My Own Quadcopter
This is very brief introduction of the build own quadcopter.
please visit 404warehouse blog for more details.
- BUILD MY OWN QUADCOPTER
- WHY QUADS ARE SO POPULAR ?
- It’s very easy to build.
- Simple structure, few components…
- Only you need is a MCU (core part of multicopter)
- Very versatile – Robots!
- Helicam / FPV / Mapping / Delivery …
- So many platforms
- DIY, RC HOBBY, VISION , RESEARCH … My Multicopter Projects
- LET’S BUILD MY OWN QUADCOTER ! But Not For My Own…
- Most of all, to build my own quadcopter.
- RC Hobby? or Flying Cam?
- To share a manual for building a RC Quadcopter.
- How to build, Several tips.
- There were not so many Korean references.
- BUILD MY OWN QUADCOPTER
- You can build your own quadcopter within $400
- It flies quite well
- There are various models of controller & platforms
- APM / PX4 / NAZA / Naze32 / Multiwii…
- Each have its own strength
- VISIT MY BLOG! EASTSKYKANG.WORDPRESS.COM
- VERY BRIEF MANUAL 🙂 Let’s Start to build a Quad !
- WHAT I BUILT… DJI F450 FLAME WHEEL
- Motors & Props – BLDC Motors
- ESCs – Speed controller
- Controller – Core Part (MCU)
- RF Receiver & RF Controller
- WHAT I USED
- DJI F40 Flame Wheel Kit
- Including Frame, Motors, ESCs
- APM (ArduPilot Mega)
- HKPilot 2.5 (Imitation? of APM)
- ArduCopter Firmware
- ASSEMBLE ARM & MOTOR
- Fix motors with each arms
- Check rotational direction!
- Refer to the motor layout of your controller
- Solder your ESCs and Power Module (or UBEC) to the plate
- It’s not mandatory!
- You can use ‘Power Distribution Board’.
- ASSEMBLE PLATE & ARMS
- Fix arms with the plate
- Again check the motors rotational direction!
- Usually, red arms are in the forward
- FIX ESC
- Tip : Use Cable Tie!
- And connect ESC with motors
- 3 cables (How to connect?)
- Well, Never mind…
- FIX CONTROLLER
- Use double-sided tape
- Choose very sticky one…
- Fix RF receiver as well.
- CONNECT CABLES
- Check your controller’s manual carefully!
- Controller Input = RF Receiver Cables
- Controller Output = ESC Data Cables
- Power Connections
- UPLOAD FIRMWARE
- Use Firmware uploader SW
- ex) Mission Planner of APM
- ASSEMBLE TOP
- Assemble the top parts (or test motors firstly…)
- It’s annoying to reassemble 😦
- BINDING & ARMING
- Bind RF controller and RF receiver
- Connect Battery
- Arming Test
- Check whether motors works properly
- FLIGHT TEST
- Is it flies properly?
- Adjust controller gain
- Check your components works well
- ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT 🙂 It’s Time To Fly
- Please be careful when you fly a quad
- You may need a permission for a flight
- Do check related laws
- FUTURE WORKS
- For Flying Cam
- Auto Piloting?
- GPS Way Point
- And…? (Any idea?)
One thought on “Build My Own Quadcopter”
very good tips. thank you very much. all the best.